Thursday, January 3, 2019

The weather has been so unusual.  I just heard on the news that we have had 18 inches of rain in the past three months ... Wow!  No wonder we are so soggy! Thus far, we haven't had much of a winter, but there is still time.  On Sunday, the temperature is supposed to be 68!!      
The ground is so saturated, we have had several conifers in the woodland garden to pull out of the ground.  By the well house we lost Cupressus arizonica 'Blue Ice' ... it just pulled out of the ground.  It was too big for Tom and me to try to stake it back up, so we had to remove it.  As Tom and I like to say, we have another planting opportunity!  If we look at things this way, it lessens the pain a bit when we lose a treasured plant.  





My calla lilies are blooming!  Some of my favorite flowers! Zantedeschia 'Picasso' Zantedeschia 'Flame' Zantedeschia '&#...