Saturday, December 30, 2017

I do enjoy our birds in the garden, and I'm fortunate that Tom doesn't ask me how much I spend on birdseed each month for our 14 bird feeders!  

I remember my mom taking me to Wing Haven as a young girl to visit Mrs. Clarkson and watch her feed mealworms to the birds from her hand.   That is such a vivid memory, and I would love nothing better than to be able to do the same with our birds here.  

Various birds are already conditioned to my ringing of a bell and whistling.  They will come to the platform feeder outside our sunporch where I put their mealworms every morning.  

I have an adirondack chair positioned right behind the platform feeder where I am now sitting every morning when I call the birds to get them accustomed to me.  This is my first step in my process to hand feeding... I hope!


My calla lilies are blooming!  Some of my favorite flowers! Zantedeschia 'Picasso' Zantedeschia 'Flame' Zantedeschia '&#...